Defining a contracting strategy for the project.
- · Select contractors for the various phases of the project.
- · Agree and monitor project scope, cost, schedule and progress.
- · Agree project procedures (quality plan, contracting plan, technical standards, etc) with contractors.
- · Participate in meetings with suppliers and contractors.
- · Participate in technical reviews such as HAZOP and PID review.
- · Review and approve designs, drawings and other technical documentation.
- · Review and approve/reject change orders.
- · Prepare reports for Owners review.
- · Liaise with Owners staff.
- · Supervise construction, commissioning and start-up.
The size of the PMC team will obviously depend on the size of the project. For small to medium size projects the team may have less than 10 members, consisting of some members which with an overall expertise in project management and some discipline experts. The composition of the team will change during the various project phases.
In larger projects PMC teams may have more than 100 staff and the organization will mirror the organization of the EPC contractors. In this latter case one of the major international EPC contractors.